Sheriff Mitchell Southwick welcomes you to the official web site of the Baker County Oregon, Sheriff’s Office
Phone (541)523-6415 Fax (541)523-9219
POSITION: Patrol Lieutenant
Full-time, non-represented position with benefits
**Salary listed is the base pay and does not include certification pay
The classification serves as Lieutenant of the Patrol Unit of the Sheriff’s Department and performs administrative duties in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating department programs and overseeing staff.
Examples of Essential Job Duties:
· Develop, implement and evaluate programs and services for departmental operation. Prepare budget, monitor expenditures.
· Supervise and direct work compliance with legal regulations. Establish, maintain and interpret policy and procedure.
· Represent and speak on behalf of the department to the public, community agencies and law enforcement.
· Provide supervisory oversight of staff and daily operations
· Perform patrol duties as needed.
Education, Experience and Training
The successful candidate
for the position of Patrol Lieutenant will have 3 years of progressively
responsible work experience and/or formal education in law enforcement, 3
years supervisory experience as well as patrol and/or investigations
experience. The successful candidate must possess a valid
A complete job description and application is available upon request or online at: www.bakersheriff.org
For additional information, contact the Sheriff’s Department at 541-523-6415.
Applications must be submitted to the Sheriff’s Department by on the closing date. A resume must be attached.